Topic

[Diagnostic / Planning]  Which implant system is this?

I had a patient come into my office today. He has implants done in Syria in 2004. He said it was a lot cheaper and the quality of work was great.  Then he came to Canada. 2nd quarant implant bridge came off 2 times. (cement-retained). A Canadian dentist replaced a screw on 25 with a "new screw".

The patient's bridge came loose again today. 21 and 23 were de-cemented, but 25 had screw-loosening. So I drilled from occlusal to access the screw head, only to find that it was --- straight horizontal line slot. It was very stiff to turn the screw as if it didn't fit properly.  So when i finally removed the bridge, I found out that the 21 and 23 had original screw, but 25 had a "random" screw that 'kind of' fit with a lot of friction.  

I would rather find a new screw that comes with the implant system. But the patient has no idea. His dentist in Syria fled the country due to war.  Can anybody tell me what implant system this may be? I posted an xray of the implant, picture of screw head and picture of multiunit abutment head.

Thank you so much!

by Yohan Mun at Mon, Nov 27, 2017 5:56 PM

1171 Views | 3 Replies | Avg Rating : 4.00

Attached Images

Replies

Mark Kwon Replied at Fri, Feb 2, 2018 9:00 PM

Oh boy... 

things were simpler 20 yrs ago. 

Less than handful of implant brands. We always knew by looking at a panorex. 

Nowadays, over 4000 brands... 

your guess is often as good as mine. 

Sometimes , I had to remove fixtures and place new ones because we just couldn’t get the parts!

- mark

Ho-Young Chung Replied at Tue, Nov 28, 2017 8:47 AM

Yohan,

These are the cases that you might want to refer out to a prosthodontist (or Dr. Mark Kwon)!  Give them the headaches.  Unfortunately, nobody (including Dr. Kwon) likes inheriting cases.  

Best of luck.

Ho-Young Chung

Madeson Basie Replied at Mon, Nov 27, 2017 8:22 PM

Interesting case . There is a website called : 

whatimplantisthis.com 

They have a very extensive library of implant and a method of identifying . If you are unable to identify from information on the site , for a nominal fee they will do a search for you . 

Try it and good luck ! 

Madeson