Topic

[Diagnostic / Planning]  implants LR

This 50 y.o. female patient is interested in implants to restore function in Q4.

I propose 4 implants as follows:

Slice #       size        length

17           NP          13

23           NP          10

30           NP           8

40           RP           10

What is your opinion?

by Majid Sherkat at Mon, Jun 20, 2011 5:51 PM

1524 Views | 4 Replies

Attached Images

Replies

Mark Kwon Replied at Mon, Jun 27, 2011 5:40 PM

Please send dicom file. I agree w bernard. Can't see well on above images. We always prefer looking at live images using software such as procera, Nliten, or Romexis. These softwares are designed for implant tx pannings. Thx.

Bernard Jin Replied at Wed, Jun 22, 2011 10:52 PM

Hi Majid, The images are grainy and small. As well, because I did not perform the measurements, I cannot verify their precision (and therefore, reliability). That being said, assuming the measurements were performed with precision - I'm afraid I cannot agree with the choices of implants above. Note: slice 29 and 16 do not support the choice of implant lengths. I would strongly suggest going over this case with either Mark or myself in person - BEFORE proceeding with the surgery.

Majid Sherkat Replied at Tue, Jun 21, 2011 11:39 PM

Can you enlarge images by clicking on it?

Bernard Jin Replied at Tue, Jun 21, 2011 4:43 PM

Hi Majid, I'm having trouble see details from your images. Before agreeing or disagreeing to this, I would prefer to see the original document or have the CT scan data on hand personally. Sorry, but I can't agree or disagree to anything - especially if somebody else had performed the measurements and nerve mapping. Perhaps you could bring it to study club for us to look at it.