Topic

Recent topics

Skycad Custom CAD/CAM abutments for HiOssen crowns

Posted by Glenn van As at Mon, Feb 10, 2014 6:41 PM

Last Reply by Mark Kwon

0 Users Rated
1984 Views | 5 Replies

Hi Folks:  I recently completed my first Skycad CAD/CAM abutment for a HiOssen ET III implant.  The cost for the zirconia crown, custom CAD CAM abutment which was anodized in gold ( they can do 7 colors) is a very respectable 430.00 for HiOssen users.  Jay from Skycad sent me two crowns to try.   The first was their Zirconia crown cutback and porcelain laid over top.  This is high fusing porcelain which is stronger.  ...

Esset Ridge Split

Posted by Glenn van As at Thu, Feb 6, 2014 2:50 PM

Last Reply by Glenn van As

0 Users Rated
1421 Views | 1 Replies

Hi there:  Here is an Esset Ridge split case which I did with the HiOssen Kit ( thanks Shawn and Min for helping me to do these cases).  The ridge split is done for me when there is 4-6 mm of horizontal bone , enough vertical bone and I want to try and not use a smartbuilder and place implants on the same day.   I used it here for 36 and 37 with the first molar as a 4.5 by 11.5 and the 2nd molar as a 4.5 by 8.5 mm  The back ...

Treatment Planning for STI in tooth#46

Posted by Andrew Park at Tue, Feb 4, 2014 4:55 PM

Last Reply by Bernard Jin

0 Users Rated
1257 Views | 1 Replies

On behalf of Dr. Aidin Ghotbi:    Patient is : 44 yr old male, no medical issues, non smoker,  46 rct was done last year and crown was placed, there is a draining and recurring abeses on the distal root, we drained the abses and he has some bone loss on the disto-buccal area. tooth is not mobile. he is interested in removing the tooth and placing and implant in 46 area.    what would be the first step we would take...

PRF as a CTG substitue?

Posted by Albert Tung at Wed, Jan 29, 2014 1:16 AM

0 Users Rated
1256 Views | 1 Replies

Hi , Could someone please tell me what does PRF become if it is embeded inside the mucosa with primary closure? Can it replace the connective tissue from the palate? Or after we take out a wisdom tooth, if we put in the PRF in the socket, what does it become? But this is different as it will be the outer layer mucosa for the socket.  Anyone answer would be greatly appreciated. Thank you...

failed implant

Posted by Roushanak Shafaghi at Tue, Jan 14, 2014 1:50 PM

Last Reply by Roushanak Shafaghi

0 Users Rated
1436 Views | 12 Replies

Hello Faculty My patient is a 22 years old female.She is completetly healthy.She is congenitaly missing tooth #13.When she was in India few months back her dentist removes #53 and places an implant.The implanr fails 20 days after the surgery.The implant had healing abutment.The patient removes the implant her self and this was in mid Nov. Now she wants another implanr there. How should I proceed? The space is tight especially with angulation o...

Immediate Implant for 16 - can we do it.

Posted by Glenn van As at Mon, Dec 9, 2013 8:04 PM

Last Reply by Mark Kwon

0 Users Rated
1504 Views | 3 Replies

Hi there:  Failing endo 16.  MB root and palatal root periapical pathology.  Treatment plan is   1. Section roots and extract tooth in 3 parts. 2. Laser removal of granulation tissue. 3. 5 by 10mm ET III with HiOssen CAS kit after starting with Piezo to start osteotomy if possible in furcal bone. 4. Smartbuilder for MB root ( no bone). 5. Membrane ( no PRF yet for me until Edmonton course in January).   If I canno...

Dental implant for Alcasta medicated patient

Posted by Albert Tung at Wed, Nov 27, 2013 11:29 PM

0 Users Rated
1741 Views | 1 Replies

Hi Drs. Jin and Kwon, I have a female patient age 55 who is on Aclasta or Zolecdronic Acid 5mg 1x per year with parathyroidism. She is also taking kidney HCTZ (hydrochlorothiazide) 25 mg daily. HCTZ (hydrochlorothiazide) is a thiazide diuretic (water pill) that helps prevent your body from absorbing too much salt, which can cause fluid retention. We need to do an implant at the 46 location. Have you done any implant on an A...

bone grafting with with Raptos bone block?

Posted by Albert Tung at Wed, Nov 27, 2013 8:51 PM

0 Users Rated
1877 Views | 1 Replies

Hi Drs. Kwon and Jin or anyone else, Could you tell me if  Raptos Block graft (but they are about $500 each block,yik yik) can be used in these 2 cases and save me from using Titanium reinforced membrane?   Case 1: May L  60 yr old Asian female,, in Pdf document Had car accident Jan 2014 and her upper teeth 13to 22 were knocked out. 14 was taken out about 1 month ago due to mobility. Bone deficiency is as indicated with all the...

Lower left post implant planning where previous long span bridge has failed

Posted by San Bhatha at Tue, Nov 26, 2013 8:17 PM

0 Users Rated
1545 Views | 7 Replies

A healthy 53 year old male presents with an old long spanning bridge 34xxx38 that has failed and has debonded from his teeth due to failure and infection around the #34 abutment.  He does have a parafunctoin of severe bruxism and clenching but has been wearing a bruxism/night guard for the last year.  The #26 has also supererupted but based on the diagnostic waxup that I had my lab do fo me as well as the height of the old bridge, there...