Topic

Recent topics

46 bone loss, delayed placement, rebuild ridge

Posted by Terry Grover at Mon, Nov 25, 2013 9:18 PM

Last Reply by Terry Grover

0 Users Rated
1234 Views | 4 Replies

patient F62, good health, 46 distal root fx, loss of buccal bone.  plan to do delayed placement with socket preservation, probably use a 5x10mm implant.  any advised on achieving maximum bone after extraction? thanks...

Granulation or cyst?

Posted by Sunny Cha at Fri, Nov 15, 2013 10:13 PM

Last Reply by Bernard Jin

0 Users Rated
1251 Views | 3 Replies

A 70 years old asian male patient with no medical issues. Two months ago, 15 abutment cracked at gum line and we had to resect 15-x-17 bridge. We spared 17. Recommanded 15 and 16 implants but the patient really wanted to save 15 and think about 16 implant later. So 15 RCT, post, and crown was done at that time. He came back and now wants an implant at 16 site.   I took a CT and noticed a tadpole shaped radiolucency (that becomes...

#15 delayed implant placement; lift required?

Posted by Terry Grover at Tue, Nov 5, 2013 12:52 AM

Last Reply by Glenn van As

0 Users Rated
1237 Views | 4 Replies

Hi patient (M68) relatively good health, is going to lose #15 to to chronic periapical abcess.  he is keen on implant.  due to the amount of bone loss anticipated at the apex of the 15, i am planning a delayed approach to this, hoping to get some good bone fill and possibly even avoid a crestal approach sinus lift if i can preserve at least 10mm of bone here.  what would you do?  would you do ext and socket graft then go in a...

Bone loss around implant

Posted by Sunny Cha at Mon, Nov 4, 2013 4:03 AM

Last Reply by Sunny Cha

0 Users Rated
1382 Views | 2 Replies

Hi all, I've already asked about this case regarding tissue healing and Dr. Lui gave me a great answer but now have different questions.   First three photos were taken initially right after the implants were placed in June 2013. Last photos were taken last week about 4 and a half months after the surgery.   During that over four months of healing period, he had a flipper to stop 6s from moving mesially. I relieved it he...

lower left quad implants in narrow ridge post full mouth rehab

Posted by San Bhatha at Wed, Oct 30, 2013 5:57 PM

Last Reply by San Bhatha

0 Users Rated
1382 Views | 2 Replies

I have a 69 year old female.  She was previously on Fosamax for 6 years 5600mg/IU/weekly and then for last 2 years off and now as of Sept 21 back on same dose.  Otherwise no other meds or medical conditions.  Over the course of this last year, we opened up her bite and completed a full mouth rehab which included a lower partial denture which she is currently wearing but has come back inquiring about the possibility of implants. Att...

Anterior Implant Bridge

Posted by Trevor Lake at Tue, Oct 29, 2013 10:41 PM

Last Reply by Mark Kwon

0 Users Rated
1470 Views | 3 Replies

Hi guys,  I have a 51 yr old male patient.  No medication or allergies.  As you can see from photos he has a severely broken down dentition.  My principal dentist is doing a full mouth rehab for him (appliance therapy to open bite, then crown/bridge to stabilize.  13-23 are all broken off and need to be extracted and implants placed.   My questions are:   1) In a case like this would you prefer to leave root ...

Mobile Crown 2

Posted by Sunny Cha at Fri, Oct 25, 2013 10:31 PM

Last Reply by Sunny Cha

0 Users Rated
1485 Views | 3 Replies

Here is another patient I saw last week. 60 years old male asian patient in good health but teeth...   Three implants placed many years ago (he thinks around 10 years). He said these are biohorizon implants.    Three crowns are fused together. The middle implant has pocket depth of 9-10 on ML, L and DL. The joined bridge is mobile.   My questions are: 1. Can you tell if an implant is an external he...

12 Implant with buccal concavity

Posted by ehsan taheri at Wed, Oct 23, 2013 5:46 PM

Last Reply by Mark Kwon

0 Users Rated
1367 Views | 4 Replies

Hi Guys, I've got a patient who has been missing 12 for a long time. she currently has a maryland bridge and is interested in getting an implant. I had a CT scan done and see that there is a buccal concavity which will make implant placement impossible without some kind of grafting. My question is this: Can I graft this with particulate allograft (cancellous/cortical chips) or does it need a block graft. I'm thinking because of the concavity, I ...

Mobile Crown or Implant?

Posted by Sunny Cha at Wed, Oct 23, 2013 4:42 PM

0 Users Rated
1411 Views | 0 Replies

Hi all, This is a 50 years old female asian patient. No health issues. She got this 25 implant and crown about 5 years ago in asia. It has been mobile for a few months now.   She did get a bit of unpleasant smell and also pain shortly after it became mobile... pain is gone now but it's still mobile. she said she just did a lot of mouth rinse and try to keep the area clean. She knows something has to be done there but cannot reach ol...