Topic

Recent topics

Patient with Polycythemia

Posted by Perry Kreway at Thu, Jun 27, 2013 6:48 PM

Last Reply by Perry Kreway

0 Users Rated
2856 Views | 3 Replies

Hi all ... I have a 73 yr old female patient with Polycythemia  defined as:  Polycythemia vera is a blood disorder in which your bone marrow makes too many red blood cells. Polycythemia vera also may result in production of too many of the other types of blood cells — white blood cells and platelets. But it's the excess red blood cells that thicken your blood and cause most of the concerns associated with polycythemia vera. &nb...

Thickening of sinus membrane, pre-sinus lift planning

Posted by Sean Bicknell at Tue, Jun 25, 2013 3:43 PM

Last Reply by Bernard Jin

0 Users Rated
1541 Views | 4 Replies

Hi guys     32 year old with no significant medical problems.    Panorex attached is from December 2012.  We performed full mouth clearance with future plan for sinus grafting and eventual implant placement.   Pt has no sinus congestion or history of sinus irritiation.  My feeling is the pathology is of dental origin due to the multiple abcessed and failing teeth previously.   I've attached splices f...

radiation therapy

Posted by Harry Shangha at Tue, Jun 11, 2013 9:56 PM

Last Reply by Bernard Jin

0 Users Rated
1158 Views | 2 Replies

Hi,   I have a patient that has a failing bridge in quad 2.  I am treatment planning her for 2-3 implants.  She had radiation therapy appox 2 years ago on the left side of her neck (I'm waiting to hear back from the radiation oncologist of her exact treatment).  Is there anything in particualar I should be asking the oncologist?  Can I still place implants in the area or is a denture better suited for her?   Harr...

12 immediate implant

Posted by Terry Grover at Wed, May 29, 2013 11:01 PM

Last Reply by Terry Grover

0 Users Rated
1263 Views | 1 Replies

Hi everyone i have a patient, M51, confirmed has OSA, and is currently trying a 'snore guard' to try and replace the cpap machine.  he has had all max incisors treated with rct and crowns.  recently, the 12 post/core came our, and he needs replacement.  i suggested replace with immediate implant.  however, after checking the CT taken yesterday, the large periapical lesion on 21 and smaller lesion on the 11 stood out.   a...

chronic periapical lesions adjacent to implant area

Posted by Terry Grover at Wed, May 29, 2013 10:53 PM

0 Users Rated
1418 Views | 0 Replies

patient is M51, osa with cpap, trying out otc/boil and bite snore guard to replace his cpap. is in process of getting another sleep study.  tooth #12 crown/post off.  took CT yesterday.  had a close look at the 11 and 21.  chronic periapical lesions obvious on 11,21.  ideally i would like to take out all the incisors and place implants in 12,22 position.  currently, he is looking for replacement of 12 with implant, b...

47 Site Bone Grafting

Posted by Sunny Cha at Tue, May 28, 2013 8:12 PM

Last Reply by Sunny Cha

0 Users Rated
1499 Views | 1 Replies

Hi Dr. Kwon, Jin and Lui,   Healthy 40 years old female asian patient without known any drug allergies.     She says she lost 15 and 47 due to resorption of roots that led to fracture. Teeth were removed in a different country about 6 months ago.   Based on CT, the bone volume and quality is quite poor on 47 site. Other than block bone grafting, what other methods would you recommand as bone grafting? Would adding part...

immediate implant replacing 25 with closed sinus lift

Posted by Terry Grover at Wed, May 15, 2013 4:24 PM

Last Reply by Mark Kwon

0 Users Rated
1303 Views | 2 Replies

Hi  this patient, health female, age 62, needs replacment for 25.  plan is to place immediate implant and do a closed sinus lift with the CASKit.  any suggestions?  thoughts?  tips? tg...

Instrument used for harvesting Free Ging Graft from the palate

Posted by San Bhatha at Mon, May 6, 2013 11:06 PM

0 Users Rated
1229 Views | 0 Replies

Hi guys, I have misplaced my info from the Soft Tissue Course so can you please remind me what instrument that you use and where I can get it in order to harvest Free Ging tissue from the palate?   Thanks San...

Citric Acid to graft exposed threads?

Posted by Sean Bicknell at Sat, Apr 20, 2013 1:31 AM

0 Users Rated
1350 Views | 0 Replies

Hi Guys   Hope all is well!   I know it's use has been discussed before, but just wondering where I would get Ctiric Acid from?  Does it come in a powder form and you mix with water?   How do you place it on the exposed threads (ie. with a brush)?  For how long do you leave it on for?  Rinse with water after??   Any concern getting it on the adjacent bone?   Thanks for the advice, I have a ca...