Topic

Recent topics

All on 4 lower vs multiple implants and fixed bridges(Upper all pfms and pfm bridges)

Posted by San Bhatha at Mon, Jul 30, 2012 5:28 PM

Last Reply by San Bhatha

0 Users Rated
2177 Views | 7 Replies

HI Guys, I have this 39 year old Male pt.  He presented initially in 2009 at which time we planned full mouth rehab and we started with one arch as we were able to stablize his bite and VDO with his lower ant and some existing post teeth at the time.  He was to come back and get the lower treated as per the upper with crown and bridge.  However, he has been battling a Methadone addiction and thus did not present until recently thi...

Stripped screw access on healing abutment!

Posted by Mark Kwon at Thu, Jul 26, 2012 4:22 PM

Last Reply by Mark Kwon

0 Users Rated
2881 Views | 4 Replies

Hi Mark, I have a problem! I could not removed the healing abutment because I stripped the screw access. The screw driver goes in but the torque wrench will not engage to untorgue. The screw driver kept turning on its own but the healign abutment won't budge. What are my options?? (the healing abutment was only placed 3 weeks ago; so it wasn't an issue with the implant itself).   I hate it when that happens to...

Free Gingival Graft?

Posted by Sean Bicknell at Thu, May 31, 2012 5:38 PM

Last Reply by Bernard Jin

0 Users Rated
1698 Views | 1 Replies

Hi guys   Hope all is well with you!  I was hoping to get your opinion on this tricky gingival defect.   Patient is healthy 33 yerar old female.  She had orthodontic exo of #31 about 10 years ago.  In 2008 she was having some recession and thinning of the V gingiva around the lower incisors, along with a strong frenum pull.  We had suggested frenectomy and FGG then.  Esthetics in this area are not a concern....

Bone loss and tissue irritaion around Allon4 abutment

Posted by Sean Bicknell at Wed, Apr 18, 2012 9:52 PM

Last Reply by Mark Kwon

0 Users Rated
1628 Views | 1 Replies

Hi guys!  Hope all is well.   This lady presented to my office a few weeks back, she had upper and lower All-on-4 completed one year ago, in another city.  She is in the final prosthesis with the bar.    She hasn't had the bridges off since.   She had a significant gingival inrriation around the 45 implant.   I removed the bridge and found significant swelling and irritation around the implant.&nbs...

What to consider before taking final impression on STI cases?

Posted by Mark Kwon at Wed, Mar 28, 2012 7:35 PM

Last Reply by Bernard Jin

0 Users Rated
1593 Views | 4 Replies

Hello Dr. Kwon.   Here is a followup PA of pt: S.L  from our October course (first implant.) The implant felt secure and on percussion had a "solid" sound. I am planning to restore mid April.   Do you see any concerns? (or what do I look for prior to impression?) I wil send a bite wing and some photos as well   Thank you!  ...

latest update on Sinus Elevation SA4 protocol?

Posted by Mark Kwon at Thu, Mar 22, 2012 3:37 AM

Last Reply by Mark Kwon

0 Users Rated
2745 Views | 1 Replies

Hello Mark,   I hope all is going well with you !!   I have an SA4 sinus graft booked for next week.  As u know you are on the cutting edge of procedures,,  How are you doing them now  (vrs how you trained us a couple of years ago?) ?  If  you could  send me your current regimen and suggestions it would be greatly appreciated .     thank you,.     &...

How often do you replace implant Drills?

Posted by Mark Kwon at Wed, Mar 14, 2012 2:44 PM

Last Reply by Mark Kwon

0 Users Rated
2044 Views | 1 Replies

Hi Dr. Kwon,Nobel suggests that you keep track of how many times you use each drill and replace them after 10 usages.  Do you have your CDAs record this and replace drills after using them 10 times?  Or do you go by feel? What is your recommendation?  Thank you....

How to remove these implants?

Posted by Mark Kwon at Tue, Mar 13, 2012 6:51 PM

Last Reply by Mark Kwon

0 Users Rated
1461 Views | 1 Replies

Hi Mark, I have an older lady in my office who has these implants for more than 10 years. It is cantilevered on the 34 with a slot. She lately has problems with sharp pain when she is cleaning the area. She is impaired with dexterity. Attached are 2 peri-apicals that I took today and obviously both do not looks good. What to do here? How does removal of implants go? Do you need special tools? Any advice very much appreciated....

Socket graft

Posted by Christina Yee Min Wong at Mon, Feb 13, 2012 2:12 AM

Last Reply by Mark Kwon

0 Users Rated
1640 Views | 2 Replies

Hello Mark and Bernard,  I have a patient with external root resorption at the coronal 1/3 of the root  ( th # 23) and  the crown had fractured off. Since the reason for the external root  resorption is generally unknown, do you see any contraindication in doing a socket graft after the extraction ? Thanks for your advice.  Christina...