Topic

Recent topics

implant supported fixed bridge to replace pud. design? bar?

Posted by Terry Grover at Wed, Jan 25, 2012 12:44 AM

Last Reply by Mark Kwon

0 Users Rated
1857 Views | 2 Replies

52 yr old female, failing pud, has broken many times, has had implant in 23 position (at other office) to help support pud (locator).  has 16,26 pfm with variostud retainers.  entire occlusion is on anterior portion of pud; poor posterior support from remaining molars.  could use some bite opening, i think.  not sure if molars are of any use, but we could cut variostud attachments off and just keep them as regular pfm crowned ...

What is updated graft mix for sinus lift

Posted by Grant Woo at Thu, Jan 19, 2012 1:11 PM

Last Reply by Mark Kwon

0 Users Rated
1713 Views | 3 Replies

Hi Mark and Bernard, Having taken your sinus lift course years ago, I was wondering if you have any updated mix of graft material you use for sa-2 and sa-4? I can see using prf instead of a membrane against the sinus membrane, but the floppiness of prf doesn't help keep the sinus membrane up (whereas biomem is stiff enough to keep memebrane away) I would think autogenous bone should be up against the implant. What is your current rec...

Exposed buccal thread. What do I do?

Posted by Mark Kwon at Tue, Jan 17, 2012 10:25 PM

Last Reply by Mark Kwon

0 Users Rated
2271 Views | 1 Replies

HI Mark, Happy New Year.  I hope 2011 ended well for you and starting the new year out great. If you don't mind going over what you advised me to do about my patients case with the partially exposed implant threads.  Remember the phone conversation we had? It is a #46 and I had initial stability, I will check the torque again before I take the impression.  However,  with the exposed threads you mentioned to take a tapered fine diamon...

Question on socket grafting

Posted by Mark Kwon at Thu, Jan 12, 2012 10:16 PM

Last Reply by Mark Kwon

0 Users Rated
1530 Views | 1 Replies

Hey Mark, Happy New Year       I have a couple pre-implant cases coming up which I would like to surgically extract the maxillary first molar and place some bone product with covering membrane. Both patients are healthy and in mid 40's. Both teeth previously RCT'd one with apical abcess. Probably wait a few months to place implants. I contacted Rod at Citagenix in consideration of using DynaBlast paste. He reccomended I get your input as we...

Systemic lupus

Posted by Christina Yee Min Wong at Mon, Nov 14, 2011 2:33 AM

Last Reply by Mark Kwon

0 Users Rated
1750 Views | 3 Replies

Hello Everyone, I have  a patient  with systemic lupus( controlled) . Is there any contraindication for dental implant for patient with this condition?  Are there anything in particular I have to watch out for this patient during the surgery. I plan to do a single implant at # 46 site and possibly extraction and immediate implant placement at the #22 site. Thank you for your comments. Christina ...

Posterior Mandible Treatment Planning

Posted by Sean Bicknell at Thu, Aug 25, 2011 5:08 PM

Last Reply by Sean Bicknell

0 Users Rated
2037 Views | 5 Replies

Hi Guys   Here's a patient that is interested in implants to replace her missing teeth in the fourth quad.   I have attached the CT scan including slices through the 45, 46 and 47 area for reference, you can see the bone height decreases as you go posteriorly.  Obviously a very narrow ridge in the 45 area too.   I don't have a ton of experience grafting sites like this, my concern is building up the bone and having it re...

Impacted palatal root. What do I do?

Posted by Mark Kwon at Sun, Jul 17, 2011 11:37 PM

Last Reply by Bernard Jin

0 Users Rated
1832 Views | 2 Replies

Hi Dr. Kwon,I had this patient come in a few days ago for the extraction of 16 roots.  He had previously seen another dentist for the extraction and as far as I know the roots were left in there.He is highly interested in implants and is aware of costs, time frame, and that sinus augmentation is required.  I was unable to locate the palatal root.  I removed bone and a perforation occurred (small).  I packed it with surgicel an...

Impacted palatal root

Posted by Mark Kwon at Sun, Jul 17, 2011 11:28 PM

0 Users Rated
1539 Views | 0 Replies

Hi Dr. Kwon, I had this patient come in a few days ago for the extraction of 16 roots.  He had previously seen another dentist for the extraction and as far as I know the roots were left in there. He is highly interested in implants and is aware of costs, time frame, and that sinus augmentation is required.  I was unable to locate the palatal root.  I removed bone and a perforation occurred (small).  I packed it with surgicel and suture...

Treatment plan - upper abcessed molar

Posted by Sean Bicknell at Wed, Jul 13, 2011 5:44 PM

Last Reply by Bernard Jin

0 Users Rated
2892 Views | 3 Replies

test...