Topic

Recent topics

implant failure

Posted by Majid Sherkat at Mon, Jun 20, 2011 7:53 PM

Last Reply by Mark Kwon

0 Users Rated
2150 Views | 7 Replies

This 5.0 x 10mm Replant (by Implant Direct) failed after 2 months post-treatment (preload) in site #3.7 for a 60 year-old female. What are some possible reasons?...

implants LR

Posted by Majid Sherkat at Mon, Jun 20, 2011 5:51 PM

Last Reply by Mark Kwon

0 Users Rated
1524 Views | 4 Replies

This 50 y.o. female patient is interested in implants to restore function in Q4. I propose 4 implants as follows:   Slice #       size        length    17           NP          13    23           NP  ...

1 vs 2 implant option: How do we know?

Posted by Mark Kwon at Sat, May 28, 2011 4:56 PM

Last Reply by Mark Kwon

0 Users Rated
1442 Views | 2 Replies

Hi Mark,Looking at the attached pan xray, what is the rule of thumb if there is onein determining # of implants.  For his quad III, missing 34 and 35 teeth,some mesial drifting of his #36 so in this case one large implant and crownor 2 narrow implants and smaller fused crowns?  Also, I just saw Mr ArtCajapin, whom I referred to you for upper and lower all on 4.  I think he isvery interested and will be following up with you to book...

First MD overdenture locator case? Stage or Immediate?

Posted by Mark Kwon at Thu, May 26, 2011 5:11 AM

Last Reply by Josh Gibson

0 Users Rated
2078 Views | 5 Replies

Hey Guys,    Thoughts on 2 or 3 mandibular implants to support complete lower denture. Exo teeth first? or immediate placement? Ball abutments/ removable? What does a ball abutment cost?   Dont have CT scan yet. Just panorex.   Love to hear your thoughts~...

how long do you wait before calling it a failure?

Posted by Cindy Sidhu at Thu, May 19, 2011 3:20 PM

Last Reply by Mark Kwon

0 Users Rated
1929 Views | 3 Replies

Hi everyone,   I would appreciate your input on this case.   Was placing upper premolar implant for a referring dentist.   The dentist had extracted the tooth and placed a socket preservation graft with allograft bone  4 months ago.   Went in and found that the graft had not taken and buccal bone was totally gone. The only CT scan I had was pre-extraction. Should have aborted mission but patient wanted me to try ...

IMPLANT vs NATURAL tooth?

Posted by Mark Kwon at Wed, Feb 16, 2011 2:16 AM

Last Reply by Bernard Jin

0 Users Rated
10056 Views | 2 Replies

Hi Mark,    I hope all is well.  I'll be inquiring with Josh about some of the study clubs that you have in Burnaby in the near future.  I've been placing implants since our course and things are going well (learned to hard way to make sure I have a surgical stent!).  Anyways, the reason I'm contacting you is inregards to a treatment plan that I have.  A patient lost a 37-x-x-34 brigde because the 34 was decayed and was consequently exo'd...

Immediate Implant?

Posted by Sean Bicknell at Mon, Jan 24, 2011 3:49 AM

Last Reply by Bernard Jin

0 Users Rated
9904 Views | 4 Replies

Hi Guys!   Congrats on the new site.  It looks great.  What a great way to share cases and learn!   Here is a PA of a case I have coming up.  This PA was taken previously, since then the old bridge has fractured leaving 25 unrestorable.   #24 will receive new crown.   #25 - requires exo.  No infection present.  Buccal and Palatal plates intact.   Pt not interested in implant in #26...

EVERY USER: READ THIS FIRST before using the FORUM

Posted by Admin BITES at Wed, Jan 19, 2011 5:01 PM

0 Users Rated
27215 Views | 0 Replies

Dear BITES Forum User,  This forum is strictly for the purpose clinical and academic discussion. No political, commercial, or religious posts please.  If you are visiting this website for the first time, please register in advance in order to participate in the Forum. To post questions or leave comments, you must be a paid member. If you wish to bring up a case for discussion anonymously, you may use the nickn...

Study Club Topics

Posted by Mark Kwon at Thu, Jan 13, 2011 2:11 AM

0 Users Rated
9772 Views | 0 Replies

We welcome new ideas! We dont want to guess and make assumptions! Please provide what YOU would like to learn or discuss at future Study clubs. We want to support our members and each study club sessions to be valueable interactive-learning sessions. Thank you....