Topic

[Surgery]  Immediate Implant replacement for a Primary Molar - Part 1

Hi there:   I thought I would supply a simple case that I did recently that shows a unique way to control your osteotomy when treating a primary molar that is failing and needs a replacment.  The tooth was decorinated and the osteotomy done through the remaining tooth structure prior to removing the sectioned roots.

The final result worked out satisfactorily and using this technique I was able to prevent the osteotomy drifitng towards lthe root sites.

In the end the patient was unable to put a full coverage restoration on the lower first molar so we did a large MOD restoration.

Hope it is of interest to you all.

Thanks

Glenn van As

This is part 1 of the case...part 2 is in the next post

by Glenn van As at Mon, Dec 9, 2013 2:27 AM

1996 Views | 5 Replies

Attached Images

Replies

Mark Kwon Replied at Tue, Jan 21, 2014 8:43 PM

That is so cool~ I gotta try this! I guess only downside of this approach is that we might end up with tougher root extractions =_=;; cheers~ -mark

Glenn van As Replied at Fri, Dec 13, 2013 4:12 AM

Thanks Bernard , its not easy for sure....man sometimes I feel like I am back in dental school!! Your kind words are really valuable. Glenn

Bernard Jin Replied at Thu, Dec 12, 2013 11:25 PM

Beautiful job Glenn! Thanks for sharing this approach. You make it look so easy.

Glenn van As Replied at Mon, Dec 9, 2013 11:23 PM

By the way this is not my technique but it is researched from others...Hurzeler and Zuhr...they provided a nice article on this in the IJPRD....I have included the images for the article here because not sure that a PDF will work......

Glenn van As Replied at Mon, Dec 9, 2013 2:08 PM

Here is Part 2 of the case which has the final restoration in place