Topic

[Surgery]  Immediate Locator Case Presentation

HI All,

I think this case will be interesting to some of you.

This is your typical 4 immediately loaded locator case.  Implants in, locator abutments placed, and picked up in the mouth.  My denturist did a very nice job finishing the case.

These implants are Hiossen ET3 implants and torqued well above 35Ncm.

Hope to see some of you in Calgary for the immediate locator workshop.

Cheers,

Ho-Young Chung

by Ho-Young Chung at Tue, Mar 18, 2014 10:49 PM

1578 Views | 4 Replies

Attached Images

Replies

Mark Kwon Replied at Mon, Mar 24, 2014 4:03 PM

Nice case! What a great service to the patient!

Bernard Jin Replied at Fri, Mar 21, 2014 5:36 PM

Great case HY. You did a beautiful job.

Ho-Young Chung Replied at Wed, Mar 19, 2014 3:30 AM

Hi Glenn, Thank you . Yes, these cases are very exciting to do. Sometimes they are so easy and other times they are more difficult than crown and bridge implants. I suppose that's life for you. I have patients come back 6-12 months for recare and quick hygiene. relines are based on need but it will be necessary as the posterior saddle continues to resorb. replacement of the male parts depends on the patient I find. Depends on how they remove and insert their dentures and how hard they function on their teeth. Also it depends on how parallel the implants are. I don't see a lot of abutments that get worn down that easily. As long as the patient doesn't bite down to put their dentures in their mouth and they have the male attachments replaced once the denture gets loose, the abutments should have a good longevity. cheers, Ho-Young

Glenn van As Replied at Tue, Mar 18, 2014 10:52 PM

Very cool case Ho Young...great service to the patient. As this is an implant retained denture it will need relining and also maintenance on the locators. What type of recall is this patient on and how often do you suggest relines and replacement of the locators. Nice case well handled and well documented ....a great service to the patient. Thanks Glenn