Topic

[Surgery]  Immediate Loading on Unsplinted Implants?

Hello Folks,

Here's a quick case study that I would like to show.  Many of you know me as the locator guy (I actually do more than that but it is a niche that I have created).  I have had people ask and also criticize that unsplinted implants should and can not be loaded immediately.  Mark and I know this to be untrue but we all know that change is accepted slowly in dentistry.  Yes, it is a paradigm shift.  

I also get asked whether there is long-term research to back up what I'm doing.  I do have some studies that support this paradigm shift and these are from top 5 implant companies in the world.  I also have every one of my cases documented in my macbook (I better not have mine stolen like Mark).

I will be presenting immediate locator solutions at the next study club meeting on September 8.  I hope that many of you can join me.

below is an example.  The immediate post-op panorex and 6 weeks panorex appear to be identical (but they are not).  ISQ at 6 weeks was 75+ on all 4 implants.

Cheers,

Ho-Young

by Ho-Young Chung at Mon, Aug 25, 2014 4:36 AM

1438 Views | 2 Replies

Attached Images

Replies

Ho-Young Chung Replied at Fri, Aug 29, 2014 6:46 PM

Hey Albert, I use a laser - leveler from HiOssen! j/k. The pre-mounted implants are a huge help. I also find that wearing loupes helps me see better but at the same time, it makes it harder for me to parallel my implants because of the reduced field of vision with magnification. I'm constantly looking up and down (like a bobble head) and coming to the front of the patient and checking for parallelism. My assistant is really good about telling me if I'm off. Ho-Young

Bernard Jin Replied at Wed, Aug 27, 2014 1:50 AM

Dear Dr. Locator Guy... Oops - I meant Dr. Ho-Young Awesome Pics!