Topic

[Surgery]  a single tooth replacement

I extracted a tooth 2 weeks ago, and the patient wants a single tooth replacement. 
Do you think it needs to wait before we do this? 
I have received a taper kit from Shawn, and I'm ready to go... what about placement?
would you put it in the distal root space, or move it more mesial? 
I gather a good approach is to prep it for 5 mm, then go to 6mm if you get a spinner. Is this a good strategy? 
Also, how far below crestal ridge should I go? 
Thank you.

by Admin BITES at Wed, Jun 10, 2015 9:11 PM

1009 Views | 2 Replies

Attached Images

Replies

Mark Kwon Replied at Sat, Jun 13, 2015 6:38 PM

My recommendation to above case. Thank for the post. Rather than going in after 2 weeks time, I would rather wait a few months and place the implant fixture. Sometimes, when it has only been 2 weeks, tissue is more fragile and is difficult to reopen and close the wound site. Sometimes, it is good to wait. ^^

Ho-Young Chung Replied at Fri, Jun 12, 2015 4:11 AM

Hi there, placing an implant after 2 weeks is almost no different placing one immediately. If either you haven't taken the immediate molar course or are hesitant on doing them predictably then I would suggest waiting 4 months and then taking a new CBCT. Tooth 35 should also be replaced. I understand that sometimes patients want something different from our recommendation. Another question that hasn't been answered is why was the tooth extracted to begin with. The answer may be an important factor in deciding to place an implant now or once healed. Thank you for your post. Ho-Young